18 September 2019
Al Bawsala is a non-profit NGO established under Tunisian law. The organisation is independent from political influence. Al Bawsala has three objectives:
● To reposition citizens at the core of political action by offering them the means to stay updated with their elected representatives and by providing them ways to defend their fundamental rights.
● To build relationships with elected representatives and decision-makers in order to work towards the establishment of good governance practices and political ethics
● To participate in defending the concepts of social progress and citizen empowerment
Working environment and conditions
Contract: fixed-term, 1 year, renewable based on performance and financial resources of the organization; 3 months trial period
Working conditions: 40h/week
Salary: based on profile, Al Bawsala’s resources with a benefits package including health care insurance
Reporting to: The Executive Director
Posts reporting to the Admin & Finance Manager: Logistics & Office Manager, HR & Finance Book-keeper
Reporting to the executive director (ED), the administration & finance manager will define the process and implement the infrastructure/systems needed to support substantial growth of the organization as well as its compliance to donors requirements. She or he will continue to build and manage effective and streamlined administrative/financial systems, including financial, accounting, legal, information, human resources (HR), and physical infrastructure.
As a member of the senior management team, the A&F Manager will be involved in strategic planning, evaluation, and professional development initiatives, as well as planning for Al Bawsala’s expansion and sustainability.
● Prepare and submit of periodic (monthly, annual and as requested by donors) financial reporting materials and metrics for Al Bawsala’s Executive Director and Board;
● Oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash flow for administration, existing programs, and proposed new projects/grants;
● Manage one full-time book-keeper & HR Officer and one Logistics & Office Manager;
● Coordinate all relations with accounting services and audit activities;
● Maintain strong and smooth relations with donors financial departments;
● Serve as a business partner to the executive director on the organization’s financial, budgeting, and administrative processes—including HR, payroll, and benefits functions—with an eye to continuously developing and improving systems;
● Lead Al Bawsala’s staff to adhere to set internal control systems (purchase, recruitments, markets, etc)
● Manage the organization’s physical infrastructure, physical plant, and system maintenance (phone system, security, cleaning, supplies, etc.), with assistance from the office and logistics manager;
The Administration & Finance Manager will have at least five years of professional experience, including managing the finance and administration of a similar-in-size institution (preference given to nonprofit experience). She or he will have experience creating and driving the analytic framework for planning and managing organizational change in a highly performing and committed organization.
The The Administration & Finance Manager will have the following experience and attributes:
– Bachelor’s degree (MA/MBA preferred) in Business, Management, or Finance
– Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multidisciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team
– Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting, ideally in the nonprofit sector;
– Experience should include legal, audit, compliance, budget and resource mobilization;
– Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems;
– Proven effectiveness leading professionals in finance and accounting;
– Technologically savvy, with an ability to point to relevant examples to develop and implement new processes and systems that increased efficiency in a fast-moving environment
– Flexible and a self-starter; able to multitask while also being highly detail-oriented
– Mastering Arabic, French and English
– Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to Al Bawsala’s mission including democratic principles and human rights .
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.